INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of information. Information you voluntarily provide:
- Personal Information
- Examples of Personal Information include your name, email address, address, and phone number.
- Payment information
- If you use the Service to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and billing address.
- User Contributions
- Information you provide to post to the Services (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) along with any information you provide about yourself and the content.
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, email, post or similar functionality, where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Communications between you and the Foundation. For example, we may send you emails regarding the Foundation, payment confirmations, the Services, or technical and security notices. Note that you may not be able to opt out of certain Services-related e-mails.
- Information that is passively collected:
- Analytics information. We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic, usage, and other trends by your use of our Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or the Services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Services. This analytical information is not covered by this policy because it does not identify any particular individual.
- Cookies and similar technologies:
- When you visit the Services, we may use “cookies” which are small files stored as text on a computer hard drive.
- These “cookies” and other similar technologies like pixels, web beacons (also known as “clear GIFs”, and local storage may be used to collect information about how you use the Services and provide features to you.
- Mobile Device Unique Identifier
- When you use a mobile device to connect to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may use this unique identifier to offer you extended services and/or functionality. Certain Services may require the collection of your mobile phone number. We may associate that mobile phone number with the mobile device unique identifier.
- Physical location
- When you download our mobile applications, we may use and store GPS and cell tower information relating to your mobile device, in combination with other location-based information such as your IP address, your billing postal code provided by your carrier, or your registration location, to provide enhanced location-based services, and to serve location-targeted advertising, search results, and other content.
- Log file information:
- Log file information may be automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) the Services. It can also be provided when the content of the Services is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use the Services, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with User Contributions. For example, Metadata can indicate how, when and by whom a User Contribution was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Metadata associated with certain types of User Contributions, such as pictures, may also include location information about where the Content was recorded (i.e., geotags).
1. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
In general, we use Personal Information to:
- Provide you with customer support;
- Comply with third party contracts;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Services;
- Develop and test new products and features;
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
We may use Personal Information for any purpose otherwise allowed by applicable law.
2. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We are not in the business of selling personal information about our users to third parties without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
- Parties with whom we may share your information:
- Third Party Affiliates. We may either employ or partner with third party companies for the purposes of, facilitating, or enhancing our Services. In order for these third-party companies to carry out their services, your personal Information and other data collected may be shared with these third-party companies (including, without limitation, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and improvement of our Services)
- Government, courts, and Law enforcement.
- We will access, preserve, and share any information about you, without your consent, to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we in good faith believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including, but not limited to, subpoenas), to comply with applicable laws, to protect the property and rights of the Foundation, you or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to pose a risk of being, or is illegal, unethical or legally actionable. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. The Foundation is not responsible for the actions of these third parties and may not be held liable for their actions.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions:
- If you voluntarily share or submit any information (e.g., name) or content (e.g., picture), or commentary (e.g., forums, message boards, chats) for posting to the Services, or link it to any social media platforms, if you post information, any content or other information associated with it may become available to the public.
3. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Although we implement reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures designed to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit or guarantee that this information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. If we become aware of any security breach, we will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Information. To the extent the law of your jurisdiction allows for notification of a breach via e-mail or conspicuous posting on the Services, you agree to accept notice in that form.
4. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Regarding your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Text messaging: You may opt-out of receiving text messages by replying “STOP” to any text message received.
- Emails: In all promotional emails, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says “unsubscribe.” It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process your opt-out request.
- Please note, we reserve the right to send you Services-related communications (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, technical and security notices) from which you may not opt out.
- Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them, such as customer service announcements and administrative notices.
- Mobile device unique identifier: Unless you choose to opt out, we may also share your mobile phone number with certain select third parties. You can opt out by changing the privacy settings on your cell phone.
5. WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A CHANGE OF CONTROL
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
User Contributions that you provide to the Services may be retained and made publicly available on the Services indefinitely.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Foundation does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services and their content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact the Foundation using the Contact page.
8. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The Services may contain links to other websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the Services, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on our Services, are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies, not ours.
In addition, you agree that we are not responsible and do not have control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your User Contributions. If you are using a third-party website or service and you allow them to access your User Contributions you do so at your own risk. 9.
HOW TO CONTACT US